Picture Attachments Wizard for Microsoft Outlook – released!
by Eric Legault · September 20, 2005
Update: Version 1.1 has been released. More info at this post.
From prototype to MSDN article to beta – and now, finally – the commercial version of Picture Attachments Wizard for Microsoft Outlook has been released!
You can also download a free 45 day trial. For order information and support, please visit my new web site at Collaborative Innovations (http://www.collaborativeinnovations.ca).
- Thumbnail view of attached photos in a separate screen
- from Inbox, select message and view thumbnail screen
- from e-mail, can tile thumbnail screen horizontally or vertically with the e-mail message
- Auto-display thumbnails when e-mail opens
- Run slideshow of attached photos
- Launch from Inbox or e-mail
- Can control slide transition timing
- Navigation buttons for pausing or cycling through the pictures
- Wizard form
- View EXIF (Extensible Image File Format, soon to be known as the DCF – Digital Camera File format) details of photos; this is photographic information that is stored in the picture files from most digital cameras (camera model, date picture taken, shutter speed, flash mode, F-number, exposure time, etc.)
- Open all or selected pictures with a choice of any installed image viewer application
- Save all or selected picture attachments in current e-mail to default or specific folder
- Expand thumbnail view to full screen
- Collapse/expand Picture Tasks and Picture Info explorer bars
- Toolbar on main Outlook window and e-mail window to launch Wizard form, Thumbnails screen, slideshow, quick-save all picture attachments from selected e-mails to default or specific folder and change wizard settings
- Ability to save all picture attachments in all e-mail messages in the current folder to a specified folder all at once
- Program settings:
- Change default attachment save directory
- Auto display Wizard, thumbnails or slideshow when opening an e-mail message
- Only auto display above when all attachments are pictures or at least one is a picture
- Auto display thumbnails screen with e-mail message tiled vertically or horizontally
- Hide extra text on slideshow screen
- Hide main Outlook Picture Attachments Wizard toolbar on startup
- Windows XP (all other Windows versions are NOT supported)
- Outlook 2000/XP/2003
…so….is there a new version of this somewhere out there, designed for Outlook 2013?
…I ask because we have a specific group of people who use it for a specific reason – and they would love to continue to use it, some some of the functionality isn’t included in 2013 natively.